This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Sandboxie Plus v1.6.4 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Sandboxie Plus v1.6.4 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Sandboxie Plus v1.6.4 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install Sandboxie Plus v1.6.4
- Required files
About the software
Sandboxie is a sandbox-based isolation software for 32- and 64-bit Windows NT-based operating systems. It is being developed by David Xanatos since it became open source, before that it was developed by Sophos (which acquired it from Invincea, which acquired it earlier from the original author Ronen Tzur). It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Since the Open Sourcing sandboxie is being released in two flavors the classical build with a MFC based UI and as plus build that incorporates new features and an entirely new Q’t based UI. All newly added features target the plus branch but often can be utilized in the classical edition by manually editing the sandboxie.ini file.
The main features of Sandboxie Plus are:
- Sandboxie-Plus bring an entirely new Qt-based UI sandman.exe
- Customizable per box run menu
- Global hotkey to terminate all boxes
- INI section editor for easy configuration of advanced options
- Box event triggers/scripts
- Ability to stop selected applications from running globally, regardless of box presets
Sandboxie Plus v1.6.4 System Requirements
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows 7 (32/64)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64)
- Windows 10 (32/64)(Metro(tile) Apps not supported)
How to Download and Install Sandboxie Plus v1.6.4
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software