This article will guide you through how to download the full version Microsoft Office 2000 and install it on your PC. Follow the below instructions and download Microsoft Office 2000 directly to your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Microsoft Office 2000 System Requirements
- How to download and install Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
- Required files
Microsoft Office 2000, version 9.0 is a suite from the Microsoft Office family that Microsoft has distributed to Microsoft Windows. This suite is the successor to Microsoft Office 97. It also predates Microsoft Office XP. Office 2000 was third edition that integrated Office Assistants. It also included the last version without activation. The suite was available for purchase on June 7, 1999. Microsoft Office 2000 was released June 7, 1999. As with many other versions, 3 Service Packs were made available for Office 2000. “Mainstream” support ended on June 30th 2004, while the extended support phase officially ended in July 14, 2009. Office 2000 Developer is the most comprehensive Office 2000 suite.
Microsoft Office 2000 System Information
Microsoft Office 2000 Professional is Word, Excel Excel, Outlook PowerPoint PowerPoint, Access and Small Business Tools. These are the requirements for Office 2000:
- Computer/processor Desktop with Pentium 75MHz Processor or Higher
- Memory 32MB or 16MB (for Windows NT 4.0) or later for the OS. The OS uses 4MB of RAM per application, 8MB for Outlook and Access, and 4MB for all other applications.
- Hard disk: Custom installation choices may require more or less space, but for typical installations, you’ll need 217MB for the first CD (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access). For the second CD (Publisher and Small Business Tools), you’ll need 174MB.
- Drive. CDROM drive
- Display A higher-resolution monitor or VGA is recommended; SuperVGA recommended
- Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 requires Service Pack 3; otherwise Windows 95 or newer is sufficient.
- Peripherals: Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device
Downloading and installing Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
- After clicking the download button(s), you can finish downloading the files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the files. If you donâ€™t know how extract works, this article can help. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Open the “Software Files” and mount “Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Disk 1.iso”. For more information on mounting files, please refer to this article.
- The setup.exe file can be found in the mounted directory. When asked to insert a serial number, use XVG79-Q2WK3-JRPMD-9H26V-7TBYT
- When asked to insert another CD, mount Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Disk2.iso
- Now, you have Microsoft Office 2000 installed on all your computers.