This article will demonstrate how to free download and install Software Companions GerbView version 10.10 on your computer. Follow the instructions and direct download link to install Software Companions GerbView version 10.10 on your PC.
Table of Contents
- About the software
- Software Companions GerbView Version 10.10 System Requirements
- GerbView 10.10: How to download and install software companions
- Files that are required
About the software
GerbView(tm) is an advanced but easy-to-use application that enables you to view, print and convert Gerber, ODB++, Adobe PDF, Excellon, HPGL/2 and other formats.
GerbView supports both RS-274D Gerber and RS-274X Gerber formats. It can also be used to convert Gerber files to RS-274X Extended format. The new extended Gerber format contains embedded aperture information and using this format will minimize the risk for errors during the manufacturing of the PCB.
With GerbView’s PDF to CAD capability you can convert your Adobe PDF files to Gerber or Autodesk DXF.
Gerbview will allow you to visualize your design in both hardcopy and on the screen. The prototype circuit board is no longer necessary to visualize your design. Use the query tools and precise measurement tools to measure apertures, tools and distances.
GerbView allows you to create a workspace which can include one or more of the supported file types. You can save the workspace for later use. The workspace can be saved to link to your design file. You will only need to reload workspace file to view the entire design.
To the workspace, you can add markup elements like text and barcodes to arrows. Lines, images, ellipses or polygons can also be added. All markup can be burned-in to become part a Gerber layer. This feature allows for easy addition of text or images using barcodes to a layer.
GerbView has the ability to rasterize single files as well as entire workspaces. You can then save to one or more of the supported file formats.
You can print in scaled, or in the actual size. All Windows-based plotters, printers and scanners are supported. You can use poster mode (also called tiled page) to print large designs and drawings, such as on several smaller A4/Letter-sized pages.
Software Companions GerbView has the following main features:
- View, print out, markup, convert Gerber to Adobe PDF, Excellon or ODB++ (PLT).
- Convert Gerber, Excellon and ODB++ files to Autodesk DXF and Adobe PDF.
- Convert RS-274D from RS-274X to RS-274X. This is also known as the extended Gerber format.
- Convert PDF files to Gerber RS-274X or HPGL/2.
- Convert multiple Gerber file to a multilayer PDF, DWF, or DXF. Read more about creating layered PDF files here.
- Convert ODB++ to a layered pdf, or to individual files via Extended Gerber (RS274X), PDF DXF, SVG, or other formats.
- Gerber X2 file attributes and pads attributes can be supported.
- Annotations, also known as markups, can be created using text, images or QR-codes. They can also include symbols, lines, polygons or other shapes.
- Markup elements can be converted to native Gerber data using the markup-burn-in feature
- Compare Gerber layers and observe the differences.
- Delete a selection of items from a loaded Gerber file.
- Based on aperture selection and use, you can remove items.
- Gerber apertures may be replaced using usage or by an individual selection.
- Report aperture usage for any or all layers
- You can also convert commands from the command line and print.
- Query entity information in Gerber, ODB++, HPGL/2 and Excellon files.
- Measure distances, areas and perimeters, with or without snapping to pads and tracks.
- Both imperial and metric units are supported.
- Search for components in ODB++ files.
- Highlight selected apertures within Gerber and ODB++ files.
- Add files of different formats to a single workspace.
- There is no limit to the number of files that can be stored in a workspace. Memory is only limited.
- All loaded files can be individually controlled for visibility, rotation, scaling or mirroring.
- Copy a section of the display to a clipboard and then paste it into another Windows program.
- You can zoom in and pan using the mouse wheel.
- Printing can be done with a user-definable header and footer.
Software Companions GerbView.10 System requirements
- Windows XP SP 3 32 bit
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 Bit
- Windows 8 32 and 64 bits
- Windows 8.1, 32 or 64 bit
- Windows 10, 32 & 64 bit
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2023
- Windows Server 2023
- Windows Server 2023
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.
How do I download and install software companions GerbView version 10.10
- After clicking the download button(s), you can finish downloading the files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. QWERTY is the password for extracting.
Run Setup.exe. Install the software